The Department of Geomatic Engineering, the Institute of Renewable and Natural Resources (IRNR) and the International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), The Netherlands jointly runs MSc programme in GISNaturem.
Service to the Community
Members of staff continue to provide services through their membership of Academic societies and professional bodies. Members of staff of Department of Geomatic Engineering are affiliated to the Ghana Institution of Surveyors (GhIS). The Department serves on the National Council of the Ghana Institution of Surveyors.
Service to the Nation
1. The Department has been engaged in carrying out the Presidential Special Initiative
on oil palm in the country.
2. Two members of staff are members of the National Continental shelf Project.
3. Four members of staff of the Department participated in the discussion of "Technical Instructions on Spatial Data Capture and Mapping in Ghana" from 10th 16th August 2008 at Aburi.
4. Two members of Staff our staff participated in Seismic data collection for the delineation of Ghana's Continental shelf.
5. A member of Staff serves on the Ashanti Regional Lands Commission Board
6. A member of Staff serves on the Board of the School of Mapping and Surveying.
7. Members of the Department serve as Examiners for various tertiary institutions and for the Board for Professional and Technician examinations.
Service to the University
1. Infrastructural map for the College of Engineering
2. Utility Mapping on Campus
3. Demarcation, survey and provision of spot levels and base maps for new hostels
4. Encroachment Surveys on Campus
5. GIS training